But, sometimes life can just be like WHOA.
I'm going to go ahead and use this post as a nice little "ice breaker" & share our super easy pizza crust recipe. NO YEAST pizza crust, people. Doesn't get much easier!
Oliver loves all things pizza .. (thanks, creators of TMNT. couldn't you choose something, like .. carrots or grapes for your turtles to be obsessed with? i'd even take pb&j.)
Anyhow, my point is, he get's so excited when we make our very own pizza crust together. He has so much fun mixing the ingredients, rolling the dough & adding the toppings. And, of course, he enjoys eating it, too.
So, not only am I sharing an easy peasy, quick dinner recipe with you, I'm also giving you a great family bonding opportunity. You're welcome, guys. :D
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
*I'm usually kneading my dough together by the end, keep that in mind*
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 to 1 Cup Water.
*The dough shouldn't be too sticky, that's where adjusting your flour to water ratio comes in*
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Start by mixing dry ingredients, 2 Cups Flour, 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder, 1 Teaspoon Salt, into bowl & set aside.
- In larger bowl, stir together Water + 1 Tablespoon oil.
- Add the dry mixture slowly, while stirring, to the larger bowl with the wet ingredients.
*If you find the dough is still sticky, add flour until the consistency is to your liking.*
- On a large, clean surface (i use my kitchen table), sprinkle a light layer of flour.
- Roll dough out.
- Place dough on a very light greased cookie sheet & add toppings.
- Cook for 15 minutes, or until edges are to your liking and cheese is melted, in oven.
**This particular night, when I snapped these (awful) photos, we were in the mood for thicker pizza. You can certainly roll the dough thinner, to make a larger, thin pizza.